Sunday 17 February 2013

Early mornings and new finds

A very bleary eyed good morning all.....I am seriously sleep deprived at the moment thanks to a snoring husband on Saturday night and a poorly dog last night. At 5am I gave up all hope of getting any rest so thought I may as well do some work - I might be tired but today will be a productive one!

I have SO much to do in the shop as we picked up some beautiful new stock this weekend. It all needs to be photographed for ASOS Marketplace, Facebook and the website - I'm hoping the gorgeous weather we had yesterday will stay so I can get some good pictures with our model. Got some seriously gorgeous items so am looking forward to putting them out for sale. Amongst other beauts are

this Topshop lace bodycon skirt in a Size 8. I love the nude colour and slight ruching. Really pretty with a cream crop top and nude heels for a night out. Its available in store or on our website here http://www.queenofthreads.co.uk/ourshop/prod_2496212-Topshop-Lace-Bodycon-Mini-Skirt-8.html

I also got these fab River Island jelly sandals 
in a Size 8/41. I might be a bit optimistic in getting our summer stock in already, but these were so lovely that I couldn't resist. Buy those here http://www.queenofthreads.co.uk/ourshop/prod_2497066-River-Island-Tortoiseshell-Leopard-Print-Jelly-Sandals-78.html

To cancel out the summer sandals in February (!) I thought I'd better replenish our coat stock. Faux fur has been SO popular this winter and I got this gorgeous vintage leopard print number

I love the swing style and how cosy this looks. I also managed to get it for a great price which means I can sell it really reasonable at £25! Bargain - buy it here http://www.queenofthreads.co.uk/ourshop/prod_2496264-Vintage-Faux-Fur-Leopard-Print-Swing-Coat-Size-1012.html


I'm planning a bit of a revamp to the shop interior soon. When we opened we were really desperate to have the shop up and running before Christmas so some of our shelving and display ideas were temporary measures - which have now lasted over a year! We are always so busy that its been put off for so long, but no more! I really want to get it sorted properly over the next few weeks and have tons of ideas to get it looking its best. I picked up some vintage 1950s/60s display cabinets from a furniture dealer in London last week so am going to spend my day off tomorrow sanding and priming them ready to upcycle. They'll hopefully turn out how I want and will take pride of place in the main room of the shop to display shoes and accessories. I'll post the transformation progress on here - really looking forward to the creative process actually!

Ok, the sun is up so time for ANOTHER cup of tea and to get ready for a super busy day at Queen of Threads - speak to you all later 

Helen xx





No comments:

Post a Comment